- DRIVERS & MOVERS Two Men And A Truck hiring Class C lic req... MORE
- Typists - Transcribe at home 55wpm w/WP/MSWord, Paid per pag... MORE
- CARPET CLEANING TRAINEES 20 immediate openings Earn $500 - ... MORE
- P/T-Front Desk Coordinator w/ exp. for a busy med. practice.... MORE
- Manufacturing MACHINIST METALEX, a leading mfr of expanded &... MORE
1 cup "old-fashioned" (not instant) grits (available in most supermarkets)
½ teaspoon salt
4 cups water
1 can (7 ounces) diced green chilies
1 cup grated sharp cheddar or smoked Gouda (or a combination)
Place the grits, salt and water in the insert of a 2- to 3-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook overnight for 8 hours.
In the morning, stir in the chilies, and stir in half the cheese. Spoon up a bowlful for each person, then top with the remaining cheese.
Serves two to four.
"The Gourmet Vegetarian Slow Cooker" by Lynn Alley (2010 Ten Speed Press