- Forklift Drivers-To $11.80/hr Geneva FREEZER Facility Must... MORE
- Manufacturing Dynacast, Inc. has 3 available positions at ou... MORE
- Drivers with own cargo van/car, fluent in Eng, pass bkgrd/al... MORE
- Warehouse Positions Order Fillers - 2nd shift Full-time perm... MORE
- P/T passenger service agent O'hare Airport. Airline Exp pref... MORE
#189;-1 cup fruit juice of choice
1 cup frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
½ cup plain yogurt
1 scoop (2 tablespoons) whey protein or other powdered protein of choice (see note)
Pour 1/2 cup fruit juice in a blender (reserving remaining juice). Add the berries, banana, yogurt and whey protein.
Pulse the blender motor to mix. Stir the frozen fruit from the bottom to allow blades to reach all the ingredients. Pulse again. If the smoothie is too stiff, add more juice, 2 tablespoons at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Pour into glasses, and serve.
Cook's note: We prefer vanilla-flavored whey protein powder. We do not suggest chocolate- or berry-flavored, as it competes with the natural fruit flavors of other ingredients.
Nutrition per serving: 199.5 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated), 32 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 15.5 g protein, 16 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium.