- Dental Office Coordinator NW Suburban office Exp'd, F/T. Fri... MORE
- Busy independent repair shop in Lombard looking for a highl... MORE
- Receptionist M-F 8am - 5pm. Must have computer skills. emai... MORE
- Warehouse Positions Order Fillers - 2nd shift Full-time perm... MORE
- Import/Export-Carol Stream Material Handlers ... $11/hr Oce... MORE
Daily Herald Staff Report - 11/12/2009
Former Gov. George Ryan emptied death row in 2003. Since then, 16 men were sentenced to death. One later committed suicide. Here are the remaining 15: BACK TO STORY
Former Gov. George Ryan emptied death row in 2003. Since then, 16 men were sentenced to death. One later committed suicide. Here are the remaining 15:
• Rodney Adkins, 46, for the 2003 murder of an Oak Park woman during a burglary.
• Teodoro Baez, 33, for a 1999 double murder in which the victims were dismembered with a samurai sword after a Chicago drug dispute.
• Dion Banks, 47, for the 2001 fatal shooting of a woman in front of her two young sons during a carjacking in the Ford City mall parking lot.
• Joseph Bannister, 40, for wounding his ex-girlfriend and killing her sister during a 2000 attack in Chicago's Logan Square neighborhood.
• David Damm, 62, for the 2006 murder of a 13-year-old Waterloo girl he earlier raped.
• Eric C. Hanson, 32, for the 2005 murders of his parents, sister and brother-in-law in Aurora and Naperville.
• Ricardo Harris, 44, for the 1999 murder of two Oak Lawn liquor store clerks.
• *Laurence Lovejoy, 43, for the 2004 rape and murder of his stepdaughter, 16, in Aurora.
• Anthony Mertz, 33, for the 2001 murder of Rolling Meadows native Shannon McNamara, 21, in her off-campus apartment at Eastern Illinois University.
• Brian Nelson, 27, for killing his former girlfriend and three of her relatives outside Peotone in 2002.
• Gary Pate, 37, for the 2006 fatal shootings of his wife and stepdaughter in White County.
• Daniel Ramsey, 31, for the July 1996 shooting deaths of two girls, ages 16 and 12, and wounding his former girlfriend and three toddlers in Hancock County.
• Paul Runge, 39, for the 1997 sex slayings of a Chicago woman and her daughter, 10.
• Cecil Sutherland, 54, for the 1987 abduction, rape and murder of a 10-year-old girl in Jefferson County.
• Andrew Urdiales, 45, for the 1996 murder of a 21-year-old Hammond woman in Livingston County.
*Though state corrections officials still list Laurence Lovejoy on death row, the former DuPage County man won a near trial in 2009 after the Illinois Supreme Court cited reversible errors. Prosecutors are appealing that ruling.