- Administrative - NW suburb Mfg Co. seeks F/T person for A/R,... MORE
- Medium Itasca litigation lawfirm seeks part time, experienc... MORE
- Maintain Bldg. Resume: PO Box713, Arlington Hts, 60005. , ... MORE
- * MACHINIST * Experienced, CNC operator Set-up man, for HAA... MORE
- Manufacturing-Exp'd ind. to program and/or setup lathes & mi... MORE
- » You say tomato, we say delicious
- » Go big on carrots
- » Break the rules with Greek Vegetable Soup
- » Make these BLTs ASAP
- » Israeli couscous puts new spin on staple
- » Entertain during the dog days of summer
- » Margarita Salad adds summer crunch
- » Pesto makes pasta perfect
- » Pesto's value immeasurable
- » One simple tool makes cherry tart easy
- » Feed friends with Shrimp Pasta Salad
- » Rice is nice for Fourth of July
- » Don't cry: Dinner will be sweet
- » Father's Day means oven barbecue
- » On a roll with pizza dough
- More from Beverly Mills with Alicia Ross
With school now in full swing, it's time to re-examine what nutrition experts the world over call The Most Important Meal of the Day.
Sad truth is, I hate eating first thing in the morning and always have. But a balanced breakfast is indeed crucial to healthy bodies, no matter whether you're school age or not. In fact, breakfast may be more important in middle age than ever before - creating a healthy metabolism that burns dangerous belly fat and maintains regularity.
Fruit smoothies are one of the few foods that appeal to me before noon. Fortunately, today's recipe for Protein Smoothies has it all in the healthy department - low in calories and fat with a good dose of fiber and protein. And they taste terrific, too, regardless of age. For another of our favorite smoothie recipes, visit our website at KitchenScoop.com.
• Write Beverly Mills and Alicia Ross at Desperation Dinners, c/o United Media, 200 Madison Ave., New York, NY 10016, or email@example.com. More at the Desperation Dinners website at kitchenscoop.com.