- Press Operator- RT Associates, an Arl Hgts printer is lookin... MORE
- 2 yrs exp Lathe, Mills or STARS Must have own tools. Must s... MORE
- Must be an organized, disciplined, self-starter. with skills... MORE
- Mechanic Semi-Trailer Mechanic, with experience. We provide... MORE
- Retail-Now hiring smiling faces for our Gift shop & Bar, & F... MORE
Protein Smoothies are a quick and easy way to get going in the morning or recharge in the afternoon.
Courtesy of Alicia Ross
#189;-1 cup fruit juice of choice
1 cup frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
½ cup plain yogurt
1 scoop (2 tablespoons) whey protein or other powdered protein of choice (see note)
Pour 1/2 cup fruit juice in a blender (reserving remaining juice). Add the berries, banana, yogurt and whey protein.
Pulse the blender motor to mix. Stir the frozen fruit from the bottom to allow blades to reach all the ingredients. Pulse again. If the smoothie is too stiff, add more juice, 2 tablespoons at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Pour into glasses, and serve.
Cook's note: We prefer vanilla-flavored whey protein powder. We do not suggest chocolate- or berry-flavored, as it competes with the natural fruit flavors of other ingredients.
Nutrition per serving: 199.5 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated), 32 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 15.5 g protein, 16 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium.