- Manufacturing Dynacast, Inc. has 3 available positions at ou... MORE
- Local company hiring individuals to join our Public Relatio... MORE
- Office - Fast growing print management company seek- ing a m... MORE
- 2 yrs exp Lathe, Mills or STARS Must have own tools. Must s... MORE
- Maintenance Co seeking F/T & P/T Exp field supervisors, 3-5 ... MORE
- » Early childhood center open in Buffalo Grove
- » Trendy spa opens in Lake Zurich
- » Healthy oil business opens in Libertyville
- » One-price cleaners expands in suburbs
- » Ex-McDonald's execs back to the grill
- » Winning Edge tries to score in Bloomingdale
- » Product is literally man's dream come true
- » When your electronics need fixing
- » New business caters to unique tastes
- » Longtime cook opens a place of his own
- » Consignment idea for grandmas expands
- » Algonquin man steps into sandal sales
- » New boutique opens in Naperville
- » Coffee house reopens in Arlington Heights
- » Hot hobby becomes new business in suburbs
- More from Kim Mikus
Volle's Bridal, a family-owned boutique in Lake Zurich since 1971, is expanding its guest list of customers.
The established bridal shop is now targeting teenagers searching for homecoming and other high school dances. The shop, located on Old Rand Road in downtown Lake Zurich, now features more than 200 dresses for young girls looking for the perfect dress. A portion of the shop has been remodeled with a more trendy look for the younger customer.
"The idea to expand into the homecoming and prom dress market didn't come from us, but from our customers," said Deanna Dean, vice president of Volle's Bridal.
She added that teens expressed that they were frustrated when looking for formal dresses. Teenagers also said they didn't want to show up at the dance sporting the same dress as another student. The boutique offers a wider array of designers and dress lines than traditional retailers, she said.
"It was a natural move for us to want to help our customers and apply our decades of fashion expertise to the homecoming and prom market," Dean said.
This year, Dean said homecoming dress trends will feature the colors black and white, and pewter; while also favoring fitted styles and intricate beadwork. Dresses start at $79.
Designers currently featured at Volle's include: Alyce Designs, BG Haute, Blush, Dave and Johnny, Faviana, Flirt, Joli and Scala USA.
"High school years fly by and every girl wants the chance to look and feel her best for homecoming," said Dean. "The right dance experience begins with the right dress."