- Warehouse - Many Openings! All Shifts *: To $11.80/hr Gener... MORE
- A growing family owned HVAC company looking to hire an indi... MORE
- Umpires - Mini Umpiring School - always wanted to be- come a... MORE
- DRIVERS & MOVERS Two Men And A Truck hiring Class C lic req... MORE
- Limo Owner Operators with 2007 or newer, Lincoln Sedans, Str... MORE
- » Smoothing over breakfast
- » You say tomato, we say delicious
- » Go big on carrots
- » Break the rules with Greek Vegetable Soup
- » Make these BLTs ASAP
- » Israeli couscous puts new spin on staple
- » Margarita Salad adds summer crunch
- » Pesto makes pasta perfect
- » Pesto's value immeasurable
- » One simple tool makes cherry tart easy
- » Feed friends with Shrimp Pasta Salad
- » Rice is nice for Fourth of July
- » Don't cry: Dinner will be sweet
- » Father's Day means oven barbecue
- » On a roll with pizza dough
- More from Beverly Mills and Alicia Ross
When summer starts to wane, the truly lazy days begin. Everyone's feeling a bit sluggish, and to our way of thinking, this is an excellent time to entertain. Expectations aren't so high: You can serve a glass of wine and perhaps a pre-restaurant nibble, and your guests are grateful just to get out of the house.
It's best to issue the invitation on the spur of the moment. (Let's keep those expectations low!) We love saying, "Why don't you stop by here for drinks before we head out to dinner?" You get credit for hosting without stressing out.
Today's recipe for Mini Feta and Artichoke Tarts is great for these impromptu gatherings. The ingredients are exotic, there's almost no preparation, and after a quick run in the oven, these yummy nibbles are done.
For our Crab and Artichoke Appetizer Pizza - another quick and easy entertaining recipe - visit our website, KitchenScoop.com.
Beverly Mills and Alicia Ross are co-authors of "Desperation Dinners!" (Workman, 1997), "Desperation Entertaining!" (Workman, 2002) and "Cheap. Fast. Good!" (Workman, 2006). Contact them at Desperation Dinners, c/o United Media, 200 Madison Ave., New York, NY 10016, or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit the Desperation Dinners website at www.kitchenscoop.com.