- Restaurant ARAMARK in Hoffman Estates is looking for Part ti... MORE
- Cleaning - Houses We have work! No nights/weekends $300-400/... MORE
- A growing family owned HVAC company looking to hire an indi... MORE
- Manufacturing MACHINIST METALEX, a leading mfr of expanded &... MORE
- Mfg - QUALITY INSPECTOR Northfield Industries, a precision m... MORE
- » Kane Co. ready to limit red light cameras
- » Red-light cam coming to Golf and Rand
- » Elk Grove to deactivate 2 red right cams
- » Never a camera around when you need one
- » Legal opinion shifts against red-light cams
- » No stopping red-light cams in Des Plaines
- » Wheeling keeping its red-light cameras
- » Red-light cameras are increasing safety
- » Naperville: No camera tickets for right turns
- » Suburbs may get stuck with intersections
- » Better track red-light camera income
- » Wheeling out of red-light camera program
- » Taking right way on red-light cameras
- » Cook board lets 'burbs opt out of cameras
- » Let's boycott makers of red-light cameras
- More Related Stories
There is a Photo Ticket camera in Elk Grove Village monitoring the stop sign at the intersection of eastbound Biesterfield Road and the entrance ramp to southbound Route 53. The camera at this intersection appears to be solely intended for generating income for the village.
The purpose of the right turn on red photo enforcement is intended for pedestrian safety and this intersection has no pedestrian crosswalks or pedestrian traffic.
The fine is $100 and it is not reported to the Secretary of State. However, if you elect to have your case heard before a court, an additional $40 will be added to the fine and it will then be reported to the Secretary of State affecting your driving record.
An attorney advised if you do ask for a trial - due to the court caseload and for expedience - photo tickets have been grouped and through video imaging deemed to be prima facie evidence are automatically judged guilty.
Videos can very easily be manipulated.
I expect a police officer at that site would judge relative to safety risk, speed and conditions of the right turn maneuver on red, if a citation was in order. Yes, the letter of the law states "stop" and I was cited.
I believe this should be investigated by the Attorney General's office to see if this is a breach of fiduciary responsibility and I encourage who ever has received a citation, to file a complaint.